Youth of color turn to TikTok for diet, fitness information
- Creating social media platforms or campaigns that feature culturally diverse content to help adolescents of color feel represented and understood
- Establishing online peer support networks with a trained moderator to provide a supportive, inclusive space for adolescents of color
- Offering virtual coaching and counseling, which can reduce barriers to health resources and provide individualized support with goal-setting and behavior change strategies
- Collaborating with positive role models who have established expertise in nutrition, fitness, and health who can help inspire and motivate adolescents of color
- Addressing mental health and promoting body positivity, which are important aspects of interventions to cultivate healthy weight management behaviors among adolescents.
Source: Read Full Article