People share their worst ever bee sting lips
Bee sting lips have been ‘in’ for a while now. The name refers to the full, plump lips that look like they have been stung by a bee.
The term refers to the pouty look people im for when they pump them with filler.
Gwyneth Paltrow even takes it a step further and voluntarily gets stung by bees as ‘therapy’.
She told the New York Times: ‘It’s an ancient treatment called apitherapy that people use to get rid of inflammation and scarring. It’s actually pretty incredible if you research it. But man, it’s painful.’
Yes Gwyneth, it does hurt, because the venom that is released from a bee sting contains proteins that affect skin cells and the immune system, causing pain and swelling around the sting area.
A small minority of people are allergic to bee stings too and it can be really serious.
These poor people learnt that nature does it best: as a bee sting left their lips swollen and sore.
For most people, bee stings are an annoying nuisance. Getting stung in the lips -an area that’s uber-sensitive – can leave you with a pretty whopping swelling, as these poor people found out…
How to soothe a bee sting
- Clean the area with soap and water to remove any lasting vemon and also and reduce the chance of infection
- Apply an ice pack for at least 20 minutes to bring down the swelling
- Slather it in hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion to ease redness, itching or swelling
- If the itching or swelling is getting to you, an antihistamine tablet will help
- Some alternative remedies include honey, witch hazel, diluted apple cider vinegar, baking soda paste and even toothpaste
- We know it is tempting, but try not to scratch the sting.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected].
Source: Read Full Article