Health Tip: How Much Sleep Does Your Child Need?
— The amount of sleep a child needs varies at different ages, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
While different kids of the same age may require different amounts, there are science-based guidelines of suggested sleep amounts for each age, the academy says.
Here are the guidelines:
- Infants: (4 to 12 months): 12 to 16 hours per day/night.
- Toddlers: (1 to 2 years) 11 to 14 hours.
- Preschoolers: (3 to 5 years) 10 to 13 hours.
- Grade schoolers: (6 to 12 years): 9 to 12 hours.
- Teens:(13 to 18 years): 8 to 12 hours.
Posted: January 2019
Source: Read Full Article